There is more to rubbish clearance and management than just calling your rubbish removal company to come and cart it away. More often than not, it is about responsibility, it is about being responsible for not just disposing of the rubbish, but collecting it correctly. It’s not enough to have the rubbish ready waiting to be collected for disposal; responsible homeowners take a time to sort out the rubbish so that things are easier for the disposer. Mind you, some of the waste that you refer to as rubbish can be recycled, used as manure, donated, reused, and so on so forth. As a cardinal rule, there are things you should never do with your rubbish. Some are out rightly hazardous to your health or the environment’s; while others are futile from the word to go. Check below a list of things you should always avoid;
Never put all rubbish in same bin
first and foremost, always make a point of distinguishing the waste you’re putting out for collection. For instance, kitchen waste like vegetable waste peelings of fruits, potatoes, etc, can be utilized as manure in your home garden. Other forms of waste like sawdust and wood peelings from a home renovation can also be used for mulching in your garden, rather than burning them. The secret lies in having different bins located strategically around your home. Kitchen bin should strictly be used for kitchen waste, while an outdoor bin should collect other forms of rubbish found outside.
Burning of plastic is wrong
another common mistake most homeowners make is burning of waste in a landfill. Plastics and other polyethylene materials emit harmful gasses when burnt, which in turn harms the environment. Yet, such can be recycled into useful products. No waste either at home or in commercial premises deserves to be burnt as a way of disposal; and if it has to be burnt, it should be done by a certified clearance company in a specially designated area.
Never wait for long before collection
some waste clearance companies charge clients per every trip they make to their premises to clear rubbish. Some homeowners thus tend to prolong such visits, just to save a few coins. But it is much better to agree on a routine that doesn’t wait for weeks before the company comes to collect your rubbish. If rubbish stays for long in your compound before collection, it emits foul smells, attracts rodents and roaches. Having the rubbish collected at least twice a week is a good way to go about it.
Manor Clearance is the leading rubbish removal company in the UK, we pride ourselves on professional and affordable services. Feel free to get in touch with us today for simple tips on how to manage your rubbish effectively on a small budget.
Sometimes it can be easy to forget about the environment in our day to day lives when we have so much going on. So here are some easy ways so that we can keep things a little healthier and keep this planet going that much longer…
Help the planet by saving energy and your money!
Easiest ways you can do this is by unplugging appliances when not using, installing florescent light bulbs (CFL’s), using a drying rack instead of machine drying and maybe even set your thermostat a few degrees lower in the summer when it’s not necessary.
There’s no need for bottled water
The best thing to do is to purify the original tap water instead of buying the bottled water. Not only does bottled water create a large amount of container waste but it is expensive as well. The best thing to do is to keep a bottle in your bag at all times but preferably aluminium as plastic can have some bad chemicals in it.
Think about what you eat
If you can try and have slightly less meat in your diet. It’s not like you have to go vegetarian, but by just having one less meal without meat in each weak over a period of time it will make a huge difference. Not only by doing this are you helping the environment by doing this, but it can also be great for your health. Especially if a lot of that meat is very processed as well.
Don’t go cheap for electronics
The main reason why you are probably better off at doing this is because you want to keep your computers, phones, tablets and other electronics as long as possible. When it does come time to when you don’t need them anymore donating, recycling or hiring a clearance company, are the best options for electronic waste management. The E- waste contains mercury and other toxics which is a constant growing environmental issue.
We are all in this together
Some of these small ways you can help to keep things green may seem like you are making no difference when it is just you. However, we are all in this together to keep the environment healthy and a little can go a long way.
Are you planning to hold an event in the UK, whether a party, a picnic, a convention, a wedding, a marathon, etc? Well, the truth is that with all the planning and budgeting involved, you’ll need to give critical consideration on how to clear up the waste and rubbish that guests will leave behind at the end of the day. In fact for the guests, all that matters to them is that they attend the event on time, have as much fun as you can offer, and then leave early or on time to go back to their businesses. This means that the mammoth task of clearing the waste is left entirely staring at you! Luckily, Quick Wasters has come up with a quick guide on how to clean waste from any event location in the UK. We are the leading waste removal company, and you can never go wrong with our recommendations;
- One of the first things we like emphasizing to those planning to have an event in the UK is that the waste clearance starts long before the event has started! In other words, one has to start making arrangements in advance, to minimize littering and dispersal of rubbish and waste. If you can have a strategy for this in advance, you’re halfway there.
- Secondly, you’ll need to get special bins that are strategically located within the location of the event. This will help minimize littering by having all waste in a same spot. At Quick Wasters, we provide specially designed Bins that you can use for any event, whether indoor or outdoor. The Bins can even be designed to match with any colors o theme of the event you’re having.
- More often than not, guests will litter and leave waste and rubbish all over the venue, not because they don’t care or are arrogant, but mostly because they were not sufficiently guided. We thus encourage event organizers to consider printing some polite but noticeable Notices, requesting guests to make use of Dustbins placed around. Such Notices can be hanged in strategic places or along walls, so that guests will see; you’ll be amazed at just how effective this can be.
- Lastly, it’s important to be in touch with a waste removal company in all these processes. If you get a rubbish removal company like Quick Wasters, we’ll always send in our team in advance to ensure that the venue is in order, bins placed strategically, polite Notices in place, etc. We’re also on time to come collect the bins, and clear anything else lying around on the same day!
For more details and tips on how to ensure that you effectively manage all rubbish and waste in an event, checkout http://www.quickwasters.co.uk
The waste disposal industry has a lot of job opportunities. If you are planning to invest in the waste disposal business then you are guaranteed of a good return of profits. Garbage is split into different categories. They are all disposed of in different ways. The rules that guide this system are what creates the disposal company and gives out ideas and opportunities. Easily identify the type of waste disposal you want to venture in and start investing.
Below are types of waste removal categories
- Domestic waste. This type of waste deals with domestic garbage. When carelessly disposed of, it causes soil, air and water pollution. With this, the health of all living things is endangered. Starting a company clears off domestic waste addresses health and safety issues. Before starting it, ensure you can easily access the waste you are collecting and what it can be dealt with safely and effectively. You can also invest in waste treatment and street cleaning services as a side business.
- Radioactive waste. This includes nuclear and radioactive waste materials. They are disposed of by being sealed and buried underground. If you are interested in investing in radio-active waste, you would need to establish a geographical foundation where you can bury the materials. However starting this will need you to be qualified in chemical science with a minimum for five years’ experience. Radioactive protection needs a person who has knowledge and experience in chemical science.
- Hazardous waste. Collecting of chemical waste needs to be done separately for safety and health reasons. They are toxic waste materials and needs a person who is well equipped with the knowledge of disposing it. If interested, you can be trained to be able to deal with the toxic waste found in gases, liquids and solids.
- Electronic waste. One can easily invest in this because electronics are a daily waste. You need to have links from charity home and auction centers. This helps you in selling off electronic parts that are being disposed. Damaged electronics should be properly disposed of or taken to manufacturing companies that can reuse its parts
- Green waste. This is the disposal of decomposed garden materials like leaves, grass, twigs, food waste and many more. You should have the knowledge of recycling and reselling compost.
The solid waste problem keeps growing by the day and this calls for concern. Because of this, different nations have developed different methods of dealing with it. Waste management is not an easy task because it involves collection, transporting as well as disposal of the garbage. Waste management process is about using solid wastes as valuable resources and should be done by everyone. There are different waste management and disposal methods and below are listed a few.
The landfill is the most popular waste disposal method and it involves burying the waste in the land. Normally, there is a process implemented to eliminate any odors and dangers before the waste is buried. Despite the fact that it is the most popular, it is not in the least the best one. It takes up too much space and can be extremely dangerous since after time, there is usually the emission of the methane gas, which is extremely explosive.
Incineration or combustion
This is a method that involves burning the waste at very high temperatures in order to convert it to residue and gaseous products. This method has many advantages like the fact that it reduces the waste to more than 30% of the original amount and decreases the amount of space it then takes up in the landfill. Also known as thermal treatment, this method is practiced by numerous countries especially those that have no landfill space anymore.
Recycling and recovery
Recovery involves processing discarded materials and converting them to usable fuel, heat and electricity. Recycling is the process of converting waste products to other new products, which prevents the energy usage and raw materials used to make the same new products. Recycling is the third component in the hierarchy of Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
Plasma is an electrically charged gas and during waste treatment, the molecular bonds of the waste are broken down with intense heat providing renewable energy. This is a beneficial method because the waste is destroyed.
Composting is a bio-degradation method involving organic wastes. This process involves allowance of the organic wastes to stay in one place until microbes decompose it completely. This is one of the best methods because the results are used as compost.
This process involves the conversion of non-recyclable wastes into electricity and usable heat. Waste-to-energy helps reduce carbon emissions and is renewable energy since the energy source can be used repeatedly.
This is the easiest method because the less waste there is, the less piles of landfills will be needed. Reducing waste involves recycling, reusing and composting.
Waste removal is the act of managing and disposing of waste materials in the right way. Waste management is all about reducing, reusing and recycling garbage. Junk can be reused to process energy and also be used as fertilizer. Waste should be disposed of carefully, otherwise if done wrongly; it may have serious immediate and long-term effects. Being an environmental friendly person takes time and practice.
Below are 5 reasons why you should care for your waste
- Economic purposes. Through the use of resources, treatment and disposal of waste materials, economic efficiency is improved. This in turn, leads an efficient production and consumption of products and materials that can be reused. Business opportunities have come up due to reusable waste materials. Companies have been built up with the sole purpose of dealing with the collection and disposal of garbage.
- Recycling purposes. Waste material can be recycled and reused in different ways. Energy is produced from waste products other than natural resources. It reduces the need to destroy animal habitants like cutting down trees for paper. Recycling produces less carbon which reduces the unhealthy gas emissions from greenhouses. By people purchasing recycled products, they create a demand for recycled goods.
- Intergenerational equity. If waste management is carried out as expected, it provides the next generation with a better economy. This act brings about a cleaner environment which is environmental friendly. Intergenerational equity brings about an inclusive society which connects people to work on cleaner world.
- Environmental. Caring for the environment is all about reducing, reusing and recycling. This eliminates air, water and soil pollution. It ends up providing clean water, fresh air and emits the number of landfills in the area. If you are not sure how to reduce, reuse and recycle, you can always ask your area recycling firm or look it up online.
- Waste management has a great impact on health. Different health problems like chest pains, cholera, heart complications and many more result from poor waste maintenance. Managing your waste results to good hygiene, improve health and employment. Employment helps in lifting people up from poverty and developing the poor countries.
Poor disposal of waste materials poses a threat to the whole world. Waste management is very important as it give hope for a greener and cleaner future.
Waste clearance services have come from a long way; from the days when they were primarily offered by county and local authorities, to today when the services have been largely privatized. In fact 90% of homesteads and commercial buildings are opting for these private waste clearance services due to various factors. They are reliable, effective, affordable, and very convenient to most.
Below are things you should expect from waste clearance services;
- Better customer care; when you call a waste clearance company to come and remove any waste from your premises, the first thing you’ll notice is that the customer care services are much better. The customer care teams of the clearance company will want to know about your location, the amount of rubbish you want removed, and such like details. This enables the company to dispatch their clearance teams with all facts accurate.
- Short turnaround time; in yester years, local authorities responsible for waste clearance would take long to show up but this is no longer the case. Modern waste clearance service providers are able to dispatch and send their clearance teams at a short notice. This could include on weekends, on public holidays, or whatever time is convenient with the client.
- Well equipped; modern waste clearance companies have the right tools to get the job done. This could include customized trucks that can even lift bulky waste from top floors of flats, to customized bins that are scented to minimize foul smells within your premises. Also, the waste clearance teams have been equipped with the right protective clothing and boots, in order to ensure that they are safe and protected from any harm or injuries when clearing waste.
- Professionalism; waste clearance teams are being carefully vetted, and anyone with suspicious characters, criminal records, drug records, and so on, are weeded out. Thus the guys who come to clear waste from your home or office or whatever premises are professional, courteous, and good at what they do.
- Holistic approach; nowadays, you’ll find a waste clearance company offering comprehensive and holistic clearance services. They clear all the waste from your home, garage, loft, shed, driveway, garden, and basically all areas. This holistic approach means that your entire premises is cleared of any unsightly waste and junk
- Affordable; waste clearance services are increasingly becoming affordable as more and more companies compete to win more clients.
Indeed, waste clearance services have come a long way and today, they have become the rule in many premises and not the exception.
Waste composting is one of the core principles of waste management. It is recommended due to its natural way of helping dispose of waste we generate in our homes. Basically, composting means taking all the waste we have, and letting it rot and decompose in a controlled way. It can be left to rot completely or partially and then used as manure.
Below are things you should know about composting;
- Composting waste acts as a soil conditioner, it creates rich humus that can be used on your garden or lawn. This thus helps to retain soil moisture and adds nutrients to the plants.
- Composting also helps you save money you’d have used to pay a waste clearance company to dispose of the waste. Almost 30% of all the home garbage can be used for composting.
- Plants require fertilizers in order to mature and thrive. However, the chemical fertilizers we commonly use are not eco friendly; but when we use compost waste we help save the environment by using eco friendly fertilizers.
- When you decide to compost waste, the first step will be to get a compost bin. Once you have that, you must always ensure that the waste you dump in there for composting is made of organic materials that can rot and decay easily.
- Usually, the waste dumped into the compost bin is categorized either as green or brown. Green means waste that has plenty of nitrogen, while brown means waste with plenty of carbon. As such, try and use a formula of 50/50, i.e. 50 % green, 50% brown.
- Some of the most common green waste you can add includes fruit and vegetable peelings, coffee filters and grounds, fresh grass, hedges trimmed from your garden, and so on so forth.
- Brown waste on the other hand may include sawdust, dry leaves, hay and straw, shredded paper, egg shells, paper towels, animal hair and fur, to mention but a few.
- There are types of waste you should never try to add into the compost bin; oils, grease, dairy products like milk, eggs, pesticide containers, etc.
- When putting the waste into the compost pit, always chop it into smaller pieces so that it decomposes faster. Also, start with the greens at the bottom, and cover them with the brown waste. This not only hastens the decomposition, but also keeps off flies and any bad odor from the bin.
Nowadays, more and more people are looking for ways to go green, and embracing eco friendly lifestyles. This has gained popularity as more and more people learn of the need to keep the environment clean. As a home owner, what are some of the things you can do to make your home green, without getting broke in the process? Let’s assume you are just about to start constructing your home;
- Building blocks; nowadays, people are running away from the traditional building stones, and cement. There are other artificial blocks available that are equally strong, but greatly reduce the need for warming your house. They retain heat during the day, and you won’t thus need to use electricity or wood to warm your house.
- Roofing material; invest in roofing sheets that allow daylight to pass through; they help keep your house naturally lit.
- Bright curtains; again, invest in some bright curtains that will allow much sunlight and still ensure privacy. These curtains make the living room look lively even when the lights are off.
- Kitchen garden; prepare a kitchen garden where you can plant day to day plants like onions, tomatoes, and such. This not only helps you save on money you’d have spent buying them from the stores; nowadays, most of the fresh produce you’re buying out there has been genetically modified, or grown with many chemicals and fertilizers. Home grown produce is the healthiest.
- Solar Panels; get solar panels for your home, and use them to warm water or light your compound. When you compare your annual electricity bill with the cost of a solar panel, you’d realize why the latter is the way to go.
- Recycle; recycling is cheap, and very effective in helping your home become green. Recycle waste that can be recycled, you can have a waste clearance company collect it and take it for recycling. Still, embrace other methods of conservation like reusing, and reducing. These three have been known to be very effective in turning your home into a fully green one.
By making use of the above basic considerations, you’ll surely go a long way in converting your home into an eco friendly one.
London has tasted the devastating effects of global warming; just recently, high tides coupled with heavy rains saw the city experience some of the worst flooding ever witnessed. Londoners were seen leaving their stalled cars in the middle of the street, and wading to safety. The Thames burst its banks, unleashing a flood that left many fearing that central London would be badly affected. However, the good news is that all is not lost. Experts recommend that by planting more trees, Londoners will be making a huge contribution towards slowing down the global warming.
Why is it important to plant more trees in London?
- Global environment; 90% of global warming is as a result of greenhouse gases emitted. Trees absorb these gases, thus greatly reducing any harmful effects to the environment. Failure to plant more trees, or cutting down existing trees causes the carbon emissions to reach the Ozone layer without any hindrance or slowdown. Thus each time you plant a single tree in London, you help reduce global warming, and help preserve the ecosystems of the earth.
- Local environment; for every tree cut, one is advised to plant two more. Trees are core pillars of the eco system; they enhance the fertility of the land, reduce soil erosion, and even act as stabilizers for coastlines. During flooding, trees help reduce the momentum and force of the floodwaters. Besides, trees also act as homes to birds, and other wild animals.
- Aesthetic value; in a cosmopolitan city like London that continues to grow and expand, planting trees will add great aesthetic value to your home or compound. Nothing is as attractive as guests visiting your compound, to find green, flourishing trees neatly planted. The shade, the fresh air; trees are irresistible and we always find ourselves going for their shade on a sunny day.
- Social economic; trees are a source of food, latex for rubber, and even medicine in some instances. Although you can plant any kind of tree in your London home, it would be more recommendable if you’d go for trees that have additional value.
- Privacy; trees will also add some privacy to your London home. You can start by planting some along your fence, or even in the middle of the compound. Nothing feels as great as enjoying a nice book while under a flourishing tree. It’s also an ideal place to work from with your laptop.
The best time to plant a tree is yesterday; the second best time is now. Take the initiative, and strive to plant as many trees as you can.
Tips by http://www.quickwasters.co.uk