Residential waste also known as domestic waste is a compilation of household garbage like plastic bottles, cans, food scraps, newspapers, magazines, fruit peelings and even garbage waste and tree trimmings. Disposing off domestic waste can be a process especially if you have no idea of what you are doing. However, the easiest method is to call Quick Wasters house clearance services and let them deal with everything without you lifting a finger. Getting rid of residential waste can be dealt with in different ways that can be affordable and environmental friendly.
Below are a few tips on how to get rid of residential waste in your household
- Reducing Garbage – first of all you can reduce your garbage by using cotton bags instead of plastic bags. Cotton bags are reusable and washable for a long period of time unlike plastic bags. We tend to throw away plastic bags every single day. And the good thing about cloth bags is that they are eco-friendly. You can also buy foods with less packaging. Buying foods in bulk will save you the space of 5 boxes or sacks. You can quickly transfer the bulk foods in airtight containers that are better than stacking up boxes and papers. Vermicomposting is also another way of reducing your garbage. It entails buying dairy items in containers you can reuse, buying from the farmer’s market and making dinner instead of heating it up.
- Reusing and Recycling – this is one of the most eco-friendly ways of handling waste materials. Instead of piling up garbage that can be reused or even resold, why not do it! You can start by donating items you do not use anymore. This includes toys, cloths, furniture or any other domestic appliances. If you do not need it anymore, someone else does. They are charity sites you can donate to or have a backyard sale where you can make money off goods you do not use anymore. Another way of recycling is reusing containers for storage purposes. Make sure you also follow the recycling regulations in order to learn and know how to dispose of hazardous and poisonous waste in the environment.
- Composting – this is the best way of getting rid of garden waste. This is where you as the owner are required to save your food scarps and any garden waste like yard cuttings and storing them in bins for days waiting for it to compost. The composition is used mainly in the garden. It is a process not so many people like indulging in.
- Using Bottled water – instead of using bottled water; why not invest in buying a water bottle and carrying water from home. One of the most recycled things from garbage waste is empty water bottles. Throwing out plastic is not good for the environment.
- Reusable cutlery – Make a habit of using reusable cutlery. If you know you are eating out of the house, make it a habit of carrying cutlery with you especially when you have carried food from home and plan on eating it in the office.
- Go straw less – many times we tend to use straws when drinking water, juice or any other beverage. However, it will not kill you to go straw less and either drinks from the cup, can or bottle.
- Avoid using paper cups – It is very common for most working people to pass by a coffee shop and get coffee which is placed in paper cups. In order to avoid garbage or piling up waste, try buying a thermo flask cup which is reusable and will serve you for years.
- Recycling the right way – Reduce, reuse and recycle is a recycling theme everyone around the world is being taught. However, not many people have mastered the art of recycling the right way. Different types of waste are recycled in different ways. If you are never sure of how the cycle is done, you can always call Quick Wasters who offer the same services at affordable prices.
- Opt out on any form of paper mailing, billings and more – We are in a technological era where everyone can have easy access to e-mail. You can contact your bank or your favourite magazine store and let them know they can send you your bills through mail. Going paperless saves the environment by limiting the amount of paper production and throw out as well.
- Use of reusable bags – In some countries that promote recycling, the use of paper or plastic bags is prohibited. This is where reusable bags come in. if you own a reusable bag to go shopping with it saves you the amount of plastic bags you were intending to throw out.
Quick Waters is a team of professionals that deal with garbage and all types of waste removals. Visit their site today at https://www.quickwasters.co.uk/ and see all the services they offer at affordable prices.