Wastes in the offices are generated by every employee and the owner of the company. All the people in the office are responsible for the generation of wastes. It is your individual responsibility to reduce waste generation. The wastes should be cleared often in order to prevent environmental and human health. The wastes are not the only danger to humans but also for the properties in the office, because the wastes can easily attract rodents and other pests in the place. The rodents are very dangerous to the office properties that they can damage the paper materials, plastics, wooden properties, and even the rats can chew the wires and furniture.
So, it is important to clear the wastes regularly or try to reduce the generation of wastes. This can be done by yourself if it is a small business, but hiring a professional rubbish removal service will help to clear the wastes without any leftovers.
Here are some of the Dos and Don’ts in Office Waste Clearance.
- Hire the bins i.e., buy the garbage bins for your office use, one should be in the toilet, one in the cafeteria and another should be in and out of the office.
- Try to have separate bins for each room, a single does not need a large skip, you can hire a number of small bins according to the strength of population and number of rooms.
- Label each bin according to its uses. For example, if you have one or more bins in the same place, try to name it for different waste collection.
- Labeling the skips will initiate the people about the disposal of different wastes in separate bins. You can name it food waste, paper waste, plastic waste, and non-recyclable waste.
- Hire professionals to clear the wastes in your office. The professional experts will have the idea of clearing and collecting the wastes.
- If you found the service provided by the professionals are best, you can sign a contract to collect your wastes regularly.
- Make note of each and every waste clearance process in your company, it is your responsibility to ensure that your wastes are disposed of properly.
- Get your rubbish removal record from the professionals, and follow a document or a booklet which should consist of the past two years of your company’s waste clearance.
- Don’t be careless of your wastes, the toners from the printer should be handled properly because it is hazardous to the environment.
- Do not mix the wastes. Each type of wastes is disposed of in different methods, so mixing of wastes will not result in proper disposal.
- Do not mix food waste and recyclable wastes.
- Do not hire companies that are not certified and legally permitted by the government.
As a business owner, it is your responsibility to clear the wastes that are generated. Hiring the professionals will give you the exact result in waste clearance without any leftovers.