Rural and urban areas are the places where waste management needs to be improved. Many of the factories and manufacturing industries will be placed in urban areas especially chemical factories. This makes the business owners to illegal dumping of wastes in private and public places. Fly-tipping is common in rural areas as they are not treated and listened to by the government authorities. It is important in any of the places to keep clean and healthy. The unwanted and hazardous wastes make the land gets polluted and losing its cultivating quality. Villages are mostly affected by fly-tipping, but they do not know where the diseases are spreading from. Business professionals make use of the innocent villagers and dumping their wastes illegally in the unauthorized landfill in order to prevent their business reputation from the danger causing waste generation. In this article, we will discuss the effectiveness of rural waste management.
Why Waste Management is less in Rural Areas?
- Lack of awareness about the dangers caused by the generation of waste
- Lack of governmental policy and finance
- Issues faced by the political parties and large business owners make the rural areas their landfill
- No proper education
- Less population and the authorities did not consider them and their health
- Illegal dumping of waste by many businesses and by the common people
Issues Faced in Rural Areas
Rural areas are the places where the population is less than 2500, and the areas which are not developed economically and socially. There are a greater number of rural people who are suffering from many diseases. They do not even know about the diseases and where they are generated from. They do not have proper transportation and proper maintenance of places.
There will be less hospitality and it is difficult for the people to survive. This is mainly because of the illegal dumping of wastes, and lack of awareness.
Effectiveness of Rural Waste Management
Rural areas will be most effective for agricultural purposes, and they are providing food for the world. The improper disposal of waste makes the land, air, and water gets polluted and leads to several diseases. Below are some of the advantages of waste management in rural places,
- Prevents many of the people lives from the danger causing diseases
- Prevents the environment from the pollution
- Each land, water, and air will get pure by the proper solid waste management
- Healthy foods will be cultivated
- The proper waste management will help to find the people and business professionals who are dumping the waste illegally
- If the organic wastes are collected and recycled, the total village will be given fertilizer without any cost
- Animals in the rural areas are the major affecters, so they will prevent the dangers
- By creating awareness about recycling and composting, people can make their own fertilizer and they do not want to depend on anyone.
It is shown that 6.8 billion tons of wastes are dumped into the rural areas illegally and they are not treated. This action should be punished in order to prevent human and environmental life. Illegal dumping not only affects human health, and the environment but also affects economic growth and reputation among the world. As a government authority, it is your responsibility to point out the disposal of wastes. The waste management in the rural areas should be improved and maintained regularly to limit global emissions like CO, GHG, methane, and ethanol.