You can recycle almost anything, from furniture and clothing to food scraps.
You can make such a significant difference to recycling at home. Recycling is simple and requires a small effort if you create a system within your home. Whether it is using a bag, box or a bin. You should keep this next to your rubbish bin to remind everyone in the house hold to recycle, making it an easier process.
Here are some great simplest tips for improving recycling at home, as one slight change can make a difference.
- Flatten your cardboard boxes when you put them in the recycling, this will ensure everything fits in your bin neatly.
- All plastic bottles can be recycled so put them all in your recycling bin. In most boroughs, you can also recycle all your plastic bottles, tubs and pots.
- You can recycle your envelopes, wrapping paper, birthday cards and even phone books as well as newspapers. All types of cardboard can be recycled.
- Most metallic items are also recyclable, you can also recycle, kitchen foil and empty aerosols.
- Keep a bag or a space in a cupboard in the kitchen for storing the recycling as you go. It also makes it easy to take things to the recycling bins that way.
- On your way to a supermarket or work, stop off at the recycling point and drop your recycling. This allows you fit recycling into a routine, and your family can also learn about recycling too this way too.